Marcel Wiley, M.D.
Dr. Wiley grew up in the suburbs of Dallas in Allen, Texas. He is a third generation Longhorn, graduating with honors from The University of Texas at Austin in 2009. After completing his undergraduate education, he attended medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, graduating in 2013. He then completed a five-year residency in Orthopedic Surgery at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, spending significant time at both Parkland Hospital and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas. He then finished his training with a one-year fellowship at the world-renowned Norton Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky, gaining extensive experience treating the entire spine.
“My goal is to provide each of my patients with the best plan to get them back to living their normal lives. I believe that a conservative approach to spine care is best and often we can get patients better without needing to go to the operating room. Neck, back, and nerve pain can be incredibly debilitating, but with the multidisciplinary approach we offer, my hope is that we can provide significant relief. When nonoperative management fails, it is then my job to help patients sort through their surgical options.”
In his free time, Dr. Wiley enjoys golfing and cycling. He spends most of his time outside of work with his wife, Heather, and their three active children, Harrison, Lizzy, and Michael.
- Surgical and nonsurgical management of the entire spine
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical disc arthroplasty
- Posterior cervical decompression and fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Extreme lateral lumbar interbody fusion
- Posterolateral spine fusion
- Open reduction internal fixation
- Intramedullary nailing
Years of Practice
- 2019 to present
- Undergraduate: The University of Texas at Austin, 2005 – 2009.
- Medical School: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2009 – 2013.
- Orthopaedic Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2013 – 2018.
- Spine Fellowship: The Norton Leatherman Spine Center, 2018 – 2019.