Craig Winkler, M.D.
"My goal as an orthopedic surgeon is to make each patient and their family members feel as they are part of the decision making team. I take time to explain every treatment option and rely heavily on patient and family member input to select the best treatment plan"
Dr. Winkler and his wife Taylor live in The Woodlands where they grew up. He has two young daughters, Olivia and Ava. In his spare time he enjoys golfing, being outdoors, and watching college and professional football. He and his family attend St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
- Total joint replacement
- Partial knee
- Total knee
- Revision total knee
- Direct anterior and posterior total hip
- Revision total hip
- Hip fractures
- Femur, tibia and ankle fractures
- Humerus, forearm and wrist fractures
Computer Navigation for Total Knee Replacement – Brainlab
Brainlab is a cutting edge computer navigation technology that maps out the patient’s knee during surgery. No cat scans or special tests are required, just standard x-rays during the preoperative appointment. The software allows the surgeon to have live feedback of the femoral and tibial cuts that helps to determine if any adjustments are necessary. This technology assists the surgeon in making accurate cuts which allow for a perfectly balanced knee with better long term outcomes.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, TX – B.A. in Biomedical Sciences
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX – Medical Doctorate
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX - Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery, Jackson, MS – Adult Reconstruction Fellowship