Tarek Fahl, M.D.
Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine Surgeon
Dr. Fahl is an arthroscopy and sports medicine surgeon with a focus on shoulder and knee injuries. He has cared for patients and athletes of all ages and levels of activity during his career. You may see him on the sidelines at one of the area high school football games but his experience has included caring for professional athletes as well, such as the Houston Rockets and Astros.
Dr. Fahl achieves his greatest satisfaction when his patients’ return back to their pre-injury level of activity. His practice includes surgical and non-surgical treatment of shoulder and knee injuries. He has extensive experience in shoulder SLAP repairs, Bankart repairs and rotator cuff repairs. He also has extensive experience in knee ACL reconstructions, meniscal surgery and complicated cartilage and ligament reconstructive cases. Other orthopedic surgeon colleagues in the area routinely refer difficult shoulder and knee surgical procedures to Dr. Fahl for his surgical expertise.
Dr. Fahl has published research in the Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery and provided numerous presentations and lectures to physicians, trainers and students. Dr. Fahl has been selected as America’s Top Surgeons and has published a surgical technique guide to assist orthopedic surgeons in MCL Allograft Reconstruction.
In his time off from orthopedics, Dr. Fahl enjoys lifting weights and spending time with his wife and 4 children.
- Rotator cuff tears
- SLAP tears
- Labral tears
- Dislocations/ bankart tears
- Instability cases
- AC joint separations
- Pectoralis tears
- ACL tears
- Meniscus tears
- LCL tears/ posterolateral corner injuries
- Articular cartilage defects/ cartilage restoration
- Undergraduate: Temple University, Philadelphia; graduated 1991
- Medical School: UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, NJ; graduated 1996
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia; completed 2001
- Fellowship: Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston; completed 2002
- Dr. Fahl trained under world-renowned orthopaedic surgeon John Lachman M.D., who invented the most accurate test to diagnose an ACL tear, now used by physicians worldwide.