Mike Leahy, M.D.
“Every patient is different and will require an individualized treatment plan,” Dr. Leahy says. “I want my patients to know that I will take a very thorough approach to treat their spinal issues.”
Dr. Leahy believes in taking a conservative approach to treating the spine. “In my practice, surgical treatment of spinal disorders is always a last resort. It is only after exhaustive conservative efforts have been made that surgery is appropriate. I feel that this is the safest approach to treating the spine and allows for the best surgical outcomes.”
Dr. Leahy is a strong proponent of minimally invasive surgical techniques, including nonfusion procedures such as artificial disc replacement and adult stem cell therapy. He is proficient in all of the most current surgical techniques in the treatment of spinal disorders. He incorporates these treatment alternatives into his practice whenever possible.
- Surgical and nonsurgical treatment of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Special Procedure Techniques
- Cervical and lumbar artificial disc replacement
- Lumbar microdiscectomy
- Extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF)
- Adult stem cell therapy
- Stem Cell FAQS can be found here
- Minimally invasive fusion procedures
- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University, 1991-1995
- Fellowships: Texas Back Institute, 2004-2005
- Residencies: Scott & White Hospital, Texas A&M Health Sciences Center Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified
Years of Practice 2005 – Present
Years Studied in Specialty -6 years