Pain management is more than just treating the symptoms; it is about the patient being able to lead their best lives using resources such as medications, interventions, surgeries, physical therapy, and movement therapy.
What Causes Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain can be caused by anything from pinched nerves and bad mattresses to old age or even stomach ulcers. Below we’ve listed many of the most common symptoms of our patients at TOSM’s pain management center:
- Damaged nerves (neuropathic pain)
- Compressed nerves (carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow)
- Disease (arthritis, diabetes)
- Injury (car wrecks, sports injuries, slips, and falls)
The pain management specialists at TOSM often recommend treatment options to cure chronic pain that is directly within the patient’s control, including managing your nutrition, exercising regularly, getting enough rest, and avoiding toxins. If you experience chronic pain or have pain caused by a previous injury, contact TOSM today and schedule an appointment to see a pain management specialist–this is the first step towards taking control of your quality of life!
You Should Seek Medical Care if:
- Your pain is intolerable despite using medication.
- Home care doesn’t reduce the pain.